As part of our international expansion, ThinkMarkets is looking for a Regional Director for the Canadian market, to be based in Toronto.
In this role, you will assist initially in the establishment of the office in Toronto, serving as a Director for the Canadian entity, helping the firm identify office space, recruit key employees and establish the relevant processes and procedures. As such, you should be comfortable in being ‘employee number one’ and be able to assist the global management team in building a functioning and successful local operation with a focus on business development, sales and marketing. Strong knowledge of local market dynamics is required.
You will also provide ongoing operational, financial, strategic and functional leadership and direction for the local business. You will ensure that it is an efficient, well-run operation, fully integrated with the Group, compliant with rules and regulations and successful in attracting and retaining staff and clients.
This role requires the candidate to have operated at a similar level and have experience of the products and services offered by the Group.
The applicants must have completed the Partners, Directors and Senior Officers Course (PDO Course) administered by the Canadian Securities Institute (CSI). In order for this course to be considered valid, the course must have been completed in the past 2 years or, the applicant must have been previously been registered as an officer of IIROC Dealer Member firm within the past 3 years.
- Take responsibility for the establishment and growth of the Canada business of ThinkMarkets;
- Work with our compliance team on liaising with Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and Ontario the Securities Commission (OSC);
- Work with ThinkMarkets’ Senior Management to develop the Go To Market strategy for the respective territory;
- Set clear objectives for achieving strong and profitable growth, in line with shareholder objectives;
- Assist in the recruitment of relevant key employees for the operations of the local business;
- Strive to achieve overall objective of sustained profitability and regional growth;
- Lead and direct the team to ensure they are all aware of the strategic direction of the business and their department;
- Maintain strong relationships with ThinkMarkets’ Global Management and stakeholders and act in accordance with the Group’s strategy;
- Monitor and manage budgets and forecasts to ensure all numbers are hit and exceeded;
- Report to the Senior Management monthly on the progress of new business initiatives, financial performance and ROI;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company;
- Take full responsibility for Operations (delivery, performance, quality and the team) in Canada;
- Ensure consistent attention to integrity of business practices and compliance with all relevant internal policies and external laws and regulations.
- 7+ years of senior management experience within a fast-paced, corporate environment;
- Canadian Permanent Residency status is a must;
- Certificate of completion of a valid PDO Course or, recent registration as an officer at an IIROC Dealer Member firm;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or a related field;
- Experience of leadership within a senior level position in financial services, preferably within a retail or institutional FX /CFD and Securities environment .
- Demonstrable track record in the set-up of management and operational structures;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Strong commercial judgment;
- Demonstrable experience in brand building, development and retention within Canada;
- Strong organizational and proven leadership abilities;
- Good commercial skills with experience covering budgets, P&L and KPIs;
- An understanding of local rules and regulations covering the business and sector;
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels;
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentations skills;
- Passionate about the business and staff that enthuses everyone;
- Proactive and prepared to get in at ground level.