ThinkMarkets is seeking an experienced Head of UK Trading to join our London office. This role will sit within a larger trading team and report directly to senior management.
As the Head of UK Trading, you will act as the manager of our UK trading business, and you will be responsible for the positions, risk, and ultimately, the profitability of that business. You will be charged with ensuring regulatory and internal compliance of all employees who are part of our UK trading operation, and for building a close relationship with the commercial department to consult on new and ongoing business decisions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent academics from a leading school, strong numerical and analytical skills, sound commercial judgement and, a solid knowledge regarding the markets and trading architecture/environment.
- To execute Margin FX, CFD, equity and equity derivative transactions.
- Implement corporate risk management and trading desk policies and be the responsible person for the risk profile, execution and profitability of the UK trading desk.
- Be responsible for the risk management of the global risk book during the UK hours, working closely with overseas colleagues for hand overs of positions, exposure, and any outstanding client, partner or liquidity issues.
- Efficiently monitor, identify, control and resolve risk, as well as any trading related issues
- Consistently improve trade execution
- Make recommendations to grow the business through expansion of product offering catered to the clients’ appetite
- Actively manage book exposure to make sure that the risk management goals have been achieved
- Demonstrate solid understanding of the retail market paradigm and identify possible abuse scenarios
- Regularly provide a high-level overview of the UK trading desk operations to the management
- Work closely with the commercial to make decisions on potential business in real time, assisting in the pricing and trading review of any significant potential partners, clients or transactions.
- Actively contribute to the execution function in its assessment of liquidity and quantifying overall value add
- Strong awareness of operational market developments and ensuring solid broker/counter party relationships across electronic, high touch and agency desks
- Ensuring all compliance and trading procedures are adhered to
- To be aware and monitor key areas of execution and all associated risk
- An obligation to pursue a fiduciary duty of best execution always and to all clients
- Preference for a highly numerical degree in Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Risk or Trading roles, ideally within the margin FX and CFD sector, as well as other derivative products and cash equities.
- Broad and thorough working knowledge of FX, CFD and derivative products
- Excellent quantitative skills, including derivatives pricing models, flow analysis and risk analysis
- Experience with FCA Transaction Reporting and Exchange Reporting
- Skill to manage team and risk
- Strong decisiveness with the ability to process complicated information quickly and accurately under pressure
- Strong understanding of operational risk, compliance and appropriate regulations
- High attention to detail
- Excellent documentation, communication, problem-solving and cross-functional collaboration skills