We’re in search of an Android Developer who can help us in our effort to make our market leading ThinkTrader platform even better. You will be responsible for planning, successful execution and ongoing support of complex development projects for smart phone and tablet form factors on the Android platform. You will be working with other global team members to coordinate the requirements pipeline, implementation and release. If you are able to create incredible user experience and find new ways of presenting data you are the perfect candidate for this role.
- Understand the nuances between mobile platforms and provide advice and guidance to other developers on handling those nuances.
- Contribute to our mobile application(s) development using Kotlin to deliver compelling user experiences.
- Help and advice in the selection of the most appropriate frameworks to use with the product.
- Work closely with the API team to define and consume API services for the apps.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Manage application deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and/or SVN.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our Android based mobile application development team.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for enhancing our user experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of Android development experience in building and delivering consumer facing mobile apps
- Familiarity with Android development tools such as Android Studio, ADB, Gradle, Fabric, etc.
- Familiarity with major capabilities, differences, and similarities across different Android and hardware versions
- Knowledge of RESTful Web-Services, JSON, networking protocols and best practices for promoting leading application performance
- Consistent upward and downstream communication
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications