ThinkMarkets is seeking an End-User Support Engineer to join our Melbourne team. This position will be responsible for identifying, diagnosing, and resolving level 1 and 2 issues with applications, hardware, and other internal systems. This individual will be the go-to person for setting up a new employee's equipment and assisting them in learning how our company-wide applications work. This is a great opportunity for someone to level up in their career within end-user support and help desk at a rapidly growing global FinTech company.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving level one and two issues in computer hardware and software such as desktops, laptops, phone, email, and other communication systems
- Installing and upgrading hardware and software for end-user systems
- Providing general desktop support, project coordination, imaging/re-imaging PCs, and laptops
- Providing one-on-one assistance to the end-user regarding the technical issue, either by phone, email or in-person
- Resolving network-related issues like a local area connection problems, network access, internet, dial-ins, etc.
- Assisting in the installation of technology like printers and scanners, and cabling systems like local area network cables, network interface cards, wired switches, etc.
- Vendor management for company used software and hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2-10 years of related experience
- Experience with desktop configuration, virus scanners, and other security products
- Familiarity with cloud-hosted products such as Office 365, Slack, Zoom, etc, current trends and ability to provision and configure resources on the Cloud
- Experience in interacting with software and hardware systems vendors
- Experience in configuring, managing and troubleshooting remote desktop tools such as TeamViewer, Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Experience in configuring and managing enterprise antivirus toolkits such as Norton, McAfee and others.
- Experience with ticketing / issue tracking systems such as JIRA, Zendesk etc.