Based in London, the Co-Head of Compliance will work closely with our global compliance counterparts, Director of Compliance and executive committee to provide strategic, regulatory and governance advice under the UK and European financial services regulation. We are seeking a qualified senior compliance professional with strong academic background and a minimum of 7 years’ post-qualification experience in a financial services environment.
This role will be directly involved in evaluation, ongoing development, implementation, and maintenance of our Compliance Management frameworks to ensure that the firm remains compliant with all applicable financial services regulations. Close collaboration with global compliance, legal and risk counterparts is paramount to the success of the individual in this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a senior compliance background who has considerable work experience in a regulated financial services firm and is well versed in global financial services regulations, in particular UK/EU (FCA).
- Monitor regulatory reforms and industry developments, and respond to changes by way of implementing policies, processes, and associated employee training.
- Ongoing development, implementation, and maintenance of our compliance monitoring programs and systems, to ensure the practical embedding of compliance within our business operations.
- Identification and analysis of all compliance obligations (existing and new) that impact on ThinkMarkets’ operations and seeking expert legal advice where required.
- Manage relationships with external counter parties such as FCA or external compliance consultants and partners, as needed.
- Work with the global risk team to run risk assessments on any unusual activities and potential compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain a risk measurement framework, related metrics and reports.
- Lead the delivery of regulatory training and other programs as necessary to educate employees of their obligations under relevant policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Advise the business on the appropriate application of compliance related policies and procedures.
- Incidents, complaints and breaches management.
- Review and sign-off of promotional material including marketing and sales materials, technical literature, telesales scripts and website updates.
- Preparation of compliance reports to management, the Compliance Committee and the Board.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Legal, or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years’ post qualification experience in a Financial Services environment fulfilling senior compliance and regulatory roles, including previous appointment to a Director Level compliance function.
- Strong working market knowledge of Equities, Securities, CFDs and FX is essential.
- Profound working knowledge of financial services regulations, in particular FCA Regulation , EU and MiFID 1 /2 .
- Experience in planning of operational risk including ICAAP reviews, financial stress testing and working closely with the board on ongoing risk assessments.
- Sound knowledge of the Anti-Money Laundering regimes and Data Protection regulations.
- Solid working experience with corporate governance matters and securities law.
- Proven experience in balancing commercial considerations with reputation, legal and compliance risk.
- Experience in managing international transactions and contract relationships.
- The successful candidate must pass the appropriate fit and proper test for a compliance function in a regulated FCA entity.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional drafting, problem solving and critical-thinking, project management, independent judgement, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, business partners and regulators.
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, dynamic company.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Microsoft Office Suite.