We are looking to build our Sales Operations capability in South Africa and are looking for a senior individual to work with our local leadership, and global sales and business development counterparts.
The Head of Sales Operations will play a pivotal role in managing functions essential to sales and service, productivity and directs the firm’s investments in our servicing effectiveness. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales and service process optimisation, service training, sales and service program implementation, service compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of talent.
In this role, you will foster close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organisation's efficient operation and success. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with detailed understanding of sales operations as well as the FAIS handbook to play a second-in-charge role for our South African business leadership team and drive efficiency across our sales and service team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of our South African Sales and Service team, including creating and managing team performance plans.
- Work closely with our Head of Corporate Training to establish an effective training strategy focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales and service competencies.
- Carry out internal FAIS compliance training for all FAIS representatives, as needed.
- Work with HR and leadership team to design sales and service incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze monthly team metrics and make actionable recommendations.
- Be responsible for the achievement of sales targets.
- Collaborate with marketing, general management, and global sales teams on sales initiatives & sales programs.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to our Customer Relationship Management technology platform to support sales organization excellence.
- Work with relevant departments to deliver world class on-boarding, funding, and service experiences, leading to extension of the life cycle of clients.
- Manage and recruit High Net Worth traders and investors.
- Focus on servicing and recruitment of qualified Introducing Brokers and Affiliates.
- Manage after sales and service initiatives for roadshows and webinars.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a similar field.
- Minimum 7 years post qualification experience in a financial services environment (brokerage, banking, or investment banking) fulfilling a senior management role, including at least 3 years of experience in middle management roles.
- Demonstrable experience with sales and business development with emphasis on growing market share.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead a small team to success.
- Completed FAIS Representative with CAT 1 – RE 1 or RE 5.
- Solid experience with trading tools, Salesforce and other CRM and back office systems.
Good To Have’s:
- FAIS accredited with CAT 2 license.
- CAIA or CFP level 1 or higher.
- JSE Traders exam.
- RPE exams.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and gravitas.
- Supreme attention to detail.
- Be target- driven.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and critical-thinking, project management, independent judgement, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, business partners and regulators.
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, dynamic company.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.