ThinkMarkets has an exciting opportunity for an End-User Support Engineer to join our Chicago team. This position will be responsible for identifying, diagnosing, and resolving the level-one issues with applications, hardware, and other such systems. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and work well with others, as well as have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with all ThinkMarkets colleagues. A successful candidate will bring a cheerful attitude and quick problem-solving skills while providing one on one assistance to other employees as well as while performing other scheduled installation and management tasks.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving level one issues in computer hardware and software such as desktops, laptops, phone, email, and other communication systems.
- Installing and upgrading hardware and software for end-user systems
- Providing general desktop support, project coordination, imaging/ re-imaging PCs, and laptops
- Providing one-on-one assistance to the end-user regarding the technical issue, either by phone, email or in-person
- Resolving network-related issues like a local area connection problems, network access, internet, dial-ins, etc.
- Coordinating with third party service providers for timely repair of the system under the maintenance agreement warranty, and repairing minor flaws in hardware as necessary
- Assisting in the installation of technology like printers, scanners, cabling systems like local area network cables, network interface cards, wired switches, etc.
- Supporting and assisting colleagues and working with other support groups and vendors to solve level two issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4+ years of related experience
- Experience with desktop configuration, virus scanners, and other security products
- Familiarity with cloud-hosted products such as office 365, slack, etc, current trends and ability to provision and configure resources on the Cloud
- Experience in interacting with software and hardware systems vendors
- Experience in configuring, managing and troubleshooting remote desktop tools such as TeamViewer, Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Experience in configuring and managing enterprise antivirus toolkits such as Norton, McAfee and others
- Experience with ticketing / issue tracking systems such as JIRA, Zendesk etc.